Pages

Sunday 15 January 2023

Results of Challenge #444

     

Here are my top picks from Challenge #444.

 

What a great card from Christa! I love Leo the Lion and what a fun way to use up lots of lovely snippets as well. Great idea to incorporate the patterned papers reflecting animal patterns - I spy zebra and giraffe at least.

Aw - how adorable is this sweet teddy bear and a pile of (his?) presents. Lucky bear if so! Helen always does such amazing paper piecing - a truly lovely card! Great colouring as well.

Our lovely Carol L came to play - and for a cuddle with Dudley I suspect. It's heartwarming to see Carol still playing along with us and sharing her talent. We always LOVE a herringbone card - such a super way to use snippets!

Oh wow! What a fabulous idea this is - brought to us by Susan B. Susan always makes such lovely cards, and this is no exception. I'm sure that those sweet snippets hearts positioned as they are, weren't just a happy accident - perfect!

Four picks this time as I truly couldn't whittle it down.

If you're a pick or a Gold Star winner, please always feel free to collect your badge from the 'Badges' page. Just click on 'Badges' on the top bar of this page.

Onto the prize draw, for the £50 (or overseas equivalent) craft voucher - and the winner is:

SHartL (Shannon)

To claim your prize, please send me an email using the Snippets Playground email address shown on the RH sidebar, with PLAYGROUND WINNER (or similar) in the subject line. Please add your FULL NAME above your home ADDRESS so that I can copy and paste it for speed and ease. In addition, please include the details of the craft store you would like your prize voucher to come from.

I expect your prize voucher is most likely to come via email - the equivalent to £50 sterling. That's just under $61 and I can't see that it will be easy to buy a voucher for that amount so I propose that the voucher will actually be for straight $60. Once I hear from you, I'll arrange for a voucher to be sent to you. Please remember that if any post and packing charges apply when you order using the voucher, you will need to cover them yourself. I bet there's a bit of a Happy Dance going on right now!

The current snippets challenge is being hosted by Sarn and still has almost a further week to run - just scroll down to the previous post to find it. There's another celebratory prize to be won as well! 

After that, we'll return to normal for a while - whatever 'normal' is in the Snippets Playground!

Finally, many of you will already know that our Janis (Woolbright) unexpectedly left us far too soon, just over a week ago. A lovely lady who will be very much missed for the Cat Lovers Hop. And by me for the gentle humour in her emails and quite a lot of invaluable advice when Dudley was just a little puppy. RIP our sweet Playmate - hope you're running around surrounded by all those kitties you loved over the years. Thoughts are also with Janis's family as well - her son James has been kind enough to keep her Facebook, as well as her blog, up to date.

Anyhow - if you haven't already joined in with the current challenge - what are you waiting for? Shoo!

20 comments:

  1. Fabulous picks Di. Well done everyone. Congratulations to Shartl on winning the voucher.

    Sad news about Janis. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous picks and congrats to the winner. Sad news about Janis, such a loss to all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspiring choices as always Di, and I'm so glad to see my dear friend Carol's card as a picked one! Big congrats to the lucky winner as well!
    Totally agree with you about Janis...
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great picks as always and congratulations to the lucky winner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous picks and congratulations to SHartL too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to SHartyL on her win and to all the spotlighted picks. I'm truly honored to see my card among them, so thanks and hugs! I was so sad to read about Janis and the blogging world lost a wonderful crafter and friend. Blessings to you all

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous pics - so inspiring. Congrats to the winner of the wonderful voucher prize.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks again this time, and congratulations to the newbie blogger Shartl on winning this wonderful prize! There will certainly be some excitement when she sees the results. Sad to hear about Janis, a lovely lady who will be greatly missed by all. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh how lovely are your picks congratulations to you all and congrats too to SHartLenjoy your win x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to the winner and top picks!! Well done!
    I recently found out the sad news about Janis when I sent her an email. Such sad news, she will be missed so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for choosing my card as one of the picks - what a lovely surprise!
    Congratulations to SHartL!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm over the moon to be one of the top picks! Thank you so much for the honour! Congratulations to the winner of the prize draw and the other top picks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful and inspiring picks as always and congratulations to SHartL on that win!
    So sad to hear about the passing of our playmate Janis. Hugs, Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for choosing my card as one of the picks, such a honor.
    Thought my lion card was so cute. But when my brother saw it, he thought it was very horrible. He saw in it a lion showing off his hunting trophies.
    Congratulations to the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations to all the Top Picks and to Shannon on her win.
    I was so sorry to read on Janis' blog that she had passed away, such a lovely lady. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eeek!!! I just saw this and yes...happy dances going on at my house all around! Thank you so much to you and Sarn for these challenges, and for the generous prize. You actually motivated me to set up a BLOG...and that's saying a lot, lol. The top picks are so darn adorable, and the talent from these crafters made me smile
    I was so very sad to hear about Janis, as my mom has been an online friend with her for over 10 years. My oldest daughter is the same age as Janis' oldest granddaughter, so we shared a lot as well. It won't be the same without her, that's for sure.
    I'll email you right away, but need to figure out which online store offers gift certificates before I pick. Thanks so much again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to all, your cards are all awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous picks Di - congratulations to everyone and a special congrats to the lucky prize winner!

    Hugs,
    Eemeli

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely top picks and congrats to Shannon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! Please note that this blog doesn't allow anonymous comments. Any spam will be deleted.