Pages

Sunday 17 July 2022

Results of Challenge #431


Hello Playmates - I'm just popping back in the middle of Di's challenge, to share my Top Picks from the previous challenge with you, and to let you know who won the prize.

My top picks - in entry order - are as follows:

I simply adored this pretty floral card by Linby. Very envious of her gorgeous dies and how she managed to create this beautiful arrangement!

Then Alice brought along this super seaside-themed card using up gelli prints and recycled materials too. Very creative Alice.

My final pick is by Susan B who entered a festive snippets card - again using some lovely dies. I thought this would keep you in the mood for our current CHRISTMAS IN JULY challenges!

It's always difficult to choose just three out of your wonderful entries! If you've been showcased, please feel free to collect your 'Top Picks' badge from the 'Badges' page HERE.

Challenge #431's winner is . . . 
Congratulations Alice - you've been showcased AND you're the prize winner - go and buy a lottery ticket! LOL! Please claim your prize by sending me an email using the Snippets Playground address shown in the sidebar, with PLAYGROUND WINNER in the subject line. Please ensure you add your full name and address so that it can be copied and pasted for speed and ease.

Cocktails in the Playground:

As you know . . . Miss Di challenged me to get some extra homework done in the shape of finding a cocktail suitable for "Christmas in Summertime" . . . and I think I've found just the thing. Once the research was done, I roped in Lesley G to help with all that cocktail shaking . . . because she'd already mentioned she was a dab hand at making Eggnog!

The recipe:
In a cocktail shaker add Eggnog, Amaretto & Vodka PLUS a dollop of Vanilla Ice Cream (the ice cream is the secret to making this a SUMMER cocktail)! Lesley and I used caramel sauce to rim the glasses, then added cinnamon sticks and a little cinnamon and nutmeg sprinkled on top to garnish. If you fancy one of these beauties . . . just come on up to the Treehouse Bar and order one . . . calorie-free of course, being virtual 'n' all that! They will certainly help you get your homework done! Expect another summer cocktail next week - which might just be Miss Di's favourite (she's testing a few of them out first)!

Remember there's still nearly a week to go for the current Snippets Playground challenge - just scroll down to the previous post to find it.

Hugs from Sarn x


11 comments:

  1. Well done Alice, and all the picks, Libby’s is fabulous with all the fine detail. I may have influenced Sarn’s research, suggesting my favourite tipples teehee, but what a fabulous choice eh?! When I say favourite……vodka not had any for about 30 years, amaretto and a snowball, sometimes at Christmas 😂😂😂😂. See you up in the treehouse! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks and congratulations to the lucky winner. Brilliant virtual cocktail 😉 and calorie free as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to twice-lucky Alice - yay! Also to Lynn and Susan - wonderful picks!
    I'm not a big one for cocktails but the ice cream has swayed me... might need a little nap afterwards!! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Linby and Susan B for having their beautiful cards showcased, and especially to my dear friend Alice for her spotlighted card and also being the winner of the prize! Woohoo! That's what I call a twofer! LOL The cocktail sounds wonderfully refreshing, but unfortunately I'm one of those who has never been fond of eggnog, so I'll just take the ice cream and caramel sauce with maybe a little vodka on the side LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - thanks so much for choosing my card to spotlight. Well done to my friend Alice for being picked too and for winning the prize.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH WOW!!! I’m pinching my arm to make sure it’s not a wonderful dream!!! LOL :D I'm a top pick and also the lucky winner of the challenge prize! YAY!!! I'm a very happy bunny! Thank you so much to you, to Sarn and to Mr Random too! :) I will buy a lottery ticket too :D LOL
    Big Congrats to the other top picks, there are always a lot of fab inspirations here!
    I will taste happily that "bomb" cocktail to celebrate this great day! Thank you Sarn for the recipe too! :D I think I would two or three drops of ice cream inside, if it's possible, as it's hot here!! (and just LOVE ice cream of course) :D
    Hugs and I will write very soon to you, Sarn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FAB picks and my congratulations to those featured and to the lucky winner too

    Happy Sunday - stay cool!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the winners!
    I'll try one of those eggnog cocktails!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous picks Sarn. That drink looks DELICIOUS!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh what you need is a good cocktail especially in the heat.....beautiful array of cards congrats to you all and congrats to Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, those top picks are just spectacular, and all so different. What a talented bunch of crafters we have here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! Please note that this blog doesn't allow anonymous comments. Any spam will be deleted.