Pages

Sunday 17 December 2023

Results of Challenge #468

   

Here we go with the picks from Challenge #468, in numerical order:


Gorgeous Wedding Anniversary card from Carol L!  The shaker element works beautifully - and plenty of snippets used!


Such a beautiful Christmas Lantern card from Kate L - I love the impact of those glorious colours and shapes against the white background!

And finally we had this beautiful card made by Kath for her husband Steve for Christmas. It oozes elegance and style!

As always, it was hard to choose the final three - but of course do remember that it's subjective. It does not reflect in any way on all of your wonderful entries. In the very beginning of this challenge I wrote about every single entry but basically that was so labour intensive I almost killed myself in the process. I then eased back and since then the subsequent partnering with my wonderful pal Sarn has allowed me to enjoy the Playground even more than before! 

Thanks Sarn - you're a star. BUT, you cannot be the Star of Bethlehem in the Playground Nativity Play and help to run the Nativity Pantomime Play at the same time! And nope, you can't wave a star on a stick from the wings whilst being 'chief prompter, usher/poker onto the stage, wiper of tears' and also providing fresh knickers for over-excited particiPANTS! Do you hear me? 

Trust me - I did a stint as a School Governor at an infants school and none of the above was made up - in fact in real life it was actually waaaay worse! I still recall the shepherd who waved and shouted 'Hello Nan!' into the audience in his excitement at seeing his Granny!!  AND, the sheep who discovered that if they pressed their rather fabulous costume's ears they could make them go 'Ba-a-a-a'. To this day I remember the Deputy Head (also named Diane) waving a pair of scissors and threatening to chop the costume ears off any miscreant. She scared me so probably terrified those kids - there certainly was no 'ear pressing' during the performances.

The randomly drawn winner of the prize bundle is:

Kathy K

Congratulations Kathy! To claim your prize, please send an email using the Snippets Playground email address shown on the RH sidebar, with PLAYGROUND WINNER (or similar) in the subject line. Please add your FULL NAME above your home ADDRESS so that I can copy and paste it for speed and ease.

Don't forget folks, Sarn is still running her current Challenge HERE! And my own snippets card for today, as well as a Dudley Pupdate can be found HERE.

NATIVITY PLAY CAST LIST SO FAR:

  • Shepherds = Di & Alice
  • Sheep = Dudley, Tina Z
  • Jesus = swaddled Honka Duck
  • Mary = Carrie Ann
  • Joseph/Innkeeper = Sarn
  • Wise men = Gail L; Gail T & Maxine
  • Angels = Alison C; Linby and Lesley G
  • Lobster = Liz C
  • Donkey = Front End Kathy K, Rear End = Pauline C
  • Heavenly Choir = Pat (soloist) and rest of the cast
  • Wardrobe Mistress/Star waver = Val (Aquarius)
  • In charge of party poppers and streamers = Carol G

We still NEED volunteers to play Mary; Joseph; the Star; 2 more Wise Men and may be one more shepherd for the flock? possibly 2 halves of a Donkey - or the play might have to be cancelled! Come along now, don’t be shy!

IMPORTANT NOTE: A little 'heads up' about our next fortnightly challenge which starts on Christmas Eve, 24th December 2023. There's a theme - which is 'Anything BUT Christmas'. Just to give you a little bit of advance warning ..... and a rest from Christmas card making perhaps!

Love from Di and Dudley,

23 comments:

  1. Lobster?? I have obviously missed something here. Although I do recall a road trip that involved a nativity that had a giraffe in it. Then there were giraffes everywhere. Like when you are in Scotland for a week and everywhere you go they have the same soup. Leek and potato anyone???? Congrats to the top picks. I don't mind being a wise man, especially if I can have the Frankincense. Put me down as Gail T and if you can rustle up a third gail the wise men can work up a storm bwahahahahaaa. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do Gail. Thanks for volunteering to be the second wise man!! Xxx

      Delete
  2. Great picks Di. Well done everyone. Congrats to Kathy on her win xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the top picks, fabulous cards and I'm glad to see my good friend Carol's Wedding Anniversary card! Big congrats to the winner too!
    I thought I already candidate myself, but maybe I just thought it: if Dudley will be a sheep, I propose myself as a shepherd, but reassure him, I swear: NO SHEARING!! :D
    Alternatively, I can be a half of the Donkey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations KathyK, and all the pics……Kath’s is stunning. The comments have had me in stitches! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always some great picks and congratulations to Kathy K on her win. Thanks for the heads up on the next challenge which will maybe manage to wean me away from what seems to be a bit of an obsession with producing Christmas cards. Maybe I should REALLY put all the seasonal stuff away properly - out of sight out of mind 😉😉. Good luck with casting the rest of the Nativity play.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be the third wise man, now we are moved and the internet is up and running... I would love to carry the gold, and promise, I won't run away with it ;)
    Congratulations to the winners - amazing work all round.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. You’re on the cast list Maxine x

      Delete
  7. Beautiful picks Di and congratulations Kathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was such a lovely surprise

      Kathyk

      Delete
  8. Thank you SO MUCH for picking my name out of the proverbial hat this challenge, I've already e-mails (so excited). Congratulations to those featured too, all beautiful makes

    There's no way I could be considered for the important post of a "wise" man but ... happy to play half of the donkey or horse, provided it's the front half!!!

    Happy Snippet Day

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right - you’re on. You can be front end of donkey & Pauline cans be rear end after all! X

      Delete
  9. This nativity play should be great and I'll volunteer to be an enthusiastic audience member! LOL Congrats to Kathy K on her win and thanks for including my card along with Kate and Kath to be among the top 3! I'll bring cookies along for the rehearsal parties :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for choosing my card as one of your Top Picks - Steve liked it too!

    I'm catching up with birthday cards for next year at the moment, so will think ahead for a snippets one for your next challenge!

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, that made me laugh. I've done my time working on primary school nativity plays and I'm sure all of the above it true. Plus Sunday Skool where I was NEVER allowed to wear the gold angel wings with shoulder straps. Yes straps! Hence volunteering to be one now. I'm practising my angelic face. Looking forward to seeing the lobster and who giggles first. Such fun! 😇

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see if Val can run you up some gold angel wings! x

      Delete
    2. Ooh, thank you. I'll do my best not to get overexcited and fall over.

      Delete
  12. Great picks and congratulations to Kathyk for winning the lovely prize this time. I'm gargling with hot honey and lemon..well there maybe a little extra something in it just to pep it up a bit, in order to get my voice ready for my most important performance, and I see lots of parts are now being filled which is great as there cannot be a play without the principal performers and it would be such a shame if it had to be cancelled, as I know we are all looking forward to it. Perhaps I should mug up on a sea shanty or two as we have a lobster in the cast. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha! So glad i got the poppers and streamers, oops, got tangled up in the streamers and set all the poppers off. Will have to start again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! Please note that this blog doesn't allow anonymous comments. Any spam will be deleted.